For more information on the My Community App contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cesclients.com.
Friday, January 17, 2014
The CES Team just started working with the Chesterfield Inlet Elders Group Committee on developing their 'My Community App' Project. The My Community App provides a platform for the community members to share their voice as well as enabling them to support their goals and celebrate their story and culture. This project instills pride and ownership for the community while preserving culture for future generations to come!
The Youth, Elders and everyone in between will have the opportunity to have their voices heard while discovering the importance of their culture through digital storytelling. The first phase of the project is working with the community's Youth to train them on how to use the video recording equipment and create the videos themselves. Patrick from our team is just finishing up his week of training and working with the Youth. Check out his blog story at http://blog.evilpatrick.ca/a-cold-and-magical-week-pt-2/ to find out how the Youth of Chesterfield Inlet took ownership over the project. A truly inspiring story!
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
2013 has been an amazing year for CES! We'd like to thank all of our clients, friends and partners for making it a fantastic year. To recap, the past year we'd like to share some of our favourite highlights.
- Launching Georgina Island First Nation's My Community App
- Working with Teck and West Moberly First Nation to develop their Storyscapes App
- Doing what we are passionate about and creating the Cultural Preservation Initiative
- Clinton and Amanda hitting the road and delivering the Digital Storytelling Workshop in communities across Canada
- Interacting with the community members and visitors on the barge for the Georgina Island First Nation's Marina Feasibility Study
- Travelling up to Chesterfield Inlet in Nunavut to kick off their My Community App project with the Elder's Group Committee
These are just a few of the highlights and we're looking forward to the experiences and people we will encounter in 2014!
Stay tuned for some of our upcoming initiatives - since the Cultural Preservation Initiative was such a success we plan on doing it all over again. We hope to be hitting the road again this spring so stay tuned for the details.
Visit us at www.cesclients.com for more information on our products and services.